How can I submit guest posts on this blog?
Simply email me at cathy [at] mommycathy [dot] com or contact me on Facebook.com/iammommycathy.
Our guest posts are categorized as Guest Posts. Click here to read them.
Guidelines for guest post contributions
[Update: Jan 2018] To avoid spammy contributions, we have set out some new, realistic, and understandable guidelines for our guest posts:
For the article’s content:
- Must be related to family, motherhood or living/ migrating to Australia
- Must be at least 1000 words
- Must be original, high-quality, and valuable
- Headings and subheadings are recommended
- Must include one original image. Include text relating to your article.
- Image recommended size: at least 800px by 400px
For the ‘About the Author’ section
- You have a verified Google+ profile and must include the link in your “About the Author” section
- Can include an image of author
- Can include one URL to your blog
- Good link: www.mommycathy.com
- Bad link: best mom blog
- Share your guest post on your own blog and social media profiles.
- You cannot republish your guest post elsewhere.
- Links will be given a nofollow tag.
What are guest posts?
Guest posts are posts written by someone other than the blog’s main writer.
It gives a new perspective on topics within the blog’s central theme or niche. In our case, new perspectives about motherhood and Melbourne living other than our own perspective. That can be refreshing!
What is in it for the blog owner?
It provides the blog a new content in regular periods. For example, there are times we cannot update our blog and the recent posts are becoming weeks old! Your blog can attract dust and mites, just as a house untouched for a long time can. Guest posts can help solve that.
What is in it for the contributor?
Connections, exposures, and visibility. You get the drill. For me not to reinvent the wheel, here are few articles explaining the benefits of contributing a guest post:
- 8 Reasons Why Guest Posting Is An Advantage
- The Ultimate Guide to Guest Blogging
- The Real Benefits of Guest Blogging
Will I be paid if I contribute?
Unfortunately, nope! But if this blog generates a whopping amount of income, why not? Let’s cross fingers for that. Wink!
You don’t pay to contribute as, well. Simple as that.
Is guest posts the hype or trend?
Hype or trend is not the word. Perhaps, it’s strategy.
We all set the direction for our blog. So depending on where you want your blog to head on to, you can have guest posts. Then again, each blog is unique and has its own personality.
Scary Mommy started with accepting guest posts, and look what it is now. So it’s really up to you!